The Original name for Coniston was "Glenora".
"Glenora" was the terminus of the line until 1909. Up to 1909 to turn the locomotives around efficiently for their return journey it had a turntable located just beyond the station.
Staff at Glenora Station
|10 Aug 1889||to||1892||John Joyce||Porter in Charge||1890 'Blue Book'||5/6 per diem||[first appointment 1 July 1887]
After 28 March1892 transferred to be Station master at Macquarie Plains
|20 April 1892||to||at least 1898||Charles Mohr||Porter in Charge (also Postmaster)||1894 'Blue Book'
1896 'Blue Book' 1899 'Blue Book'
|6/- per diem
5/6 per diem 6/9 per diem
|[first appointment 20 July 1884]|
Photos[edit | edit source]
[At time of this drawing called Glenora]
[At time of this photo called Glenora]
|Sketch of Track Layout||Coniston||1930-1935|