Built for Tasmanian Government Railways and used on main line express passenger trains, withdrawn in 1978. Sold to Hillwood Strawberry Farm in 1979. Leased to Tasmanian Locomotive Coy. Pty. Ltd. in 1986 and returned to service. Purchased by DVR in 1992.
The three ACS (Articulated Country Saloon) carriages at DVR were all built at Launceston Railway Workshops for the Tasman Limited between 1955 and 1958.